|Board of Director's Meeting Minutes (Februrary 24, 2010)||| Print ||
|About the Chamber - Chamber Minutes|
|Wednesday, 24 February 2010 00:00|
WILLOW CREEK CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
BOARD OF DIRECTOR’S MEETING MINUTES
FEBRUARY 24, 2010
Member’s present: Gil Saliba, Ed Duggan, Trina Cardoza, Tom O’Gorman, Laura Madsen, Tangie Markle, and Dan Seguin
The meeting was called to order by Tangie Markle at 8:30am. The January 27th meeting minutes were reviewed and Ed Duggan moved, Laura Madsen seconded, to accept the minutes as written.
Tom O’Gorman gave a verbal report and said that Kay stated we could have a longer season with shorter morning hours for $400 more. Tom was going to have Kay write some proposals with different scenarios so the Chamber can decide what option would be the best.
1. Membership List update: Molly and Kay are working on it. No new updates.
A: T-Shirts/Promo items- Tangie is still working on getting an artist.
B: Bocce Ball Tournament- scheduled for June 26th at the Winnett’s. Limit to
8 teams, and Tom was going to talk to Molly about doing snacks again.
C: Membership Drive Dinner- VFW Hall as a possible venue in mid-May,
Laura is going to contact VFW about catering and trying to keep the cost at
about $25 a plate. Tom suggested having someone from the WCCSD
Come and speak about the wastewater problem that downtown has.
D: Taste of WC Raffle- Tangie is continuing to work on this, and wants to get
a committee to help. Greg Painter and Trina Cardoza volunteered to assist.
E: Taste of WC Dinner- Tom said the family is interested but hasn’t officially
decided. The topic was tabled to next month.
F: Brew Competition- Tangie was going to talk to Bill and Joan about helping
with the event and let us know at the next meeting.
3. Website Advertising: No update. Advertising will be brought up at the dinner.
4. Website Update: Tom said that Molly has met with Londa and is making progress on site updates. Gil said we should have a section for special events on the site and Dan suggested different possibilities and would try some out.
5. Calendar of Events: No update.
1. Bigfoot Days: no update
2. Community wastewater problem: Tom wanted to have the Chamber put an ad of support in the upcoming newsletter and try to help get community ideas and support behind it.
The meeting adjourned at 10:00am.