|Board of Director's Meeting Minutes (November 25, 2009)||| Print ||
|About the Chamber - Chamber Minutes|
|Wednesday, 27 January 2010 00:49|
Members Present: Laura Madsen, Ed Duggan, Trina Cardoza, Tangie Markle, Greg Painter
The meeting was called to order by Tangie Markle at 8:35am. The October 29, 2009 meeting minutes were reviewed, Laura moved & Trina 2nd to approve as written; motion accepted.
(as per email from Molly) Financially the Chamber is looking good, and it looks like we’re going to end the year with approximately $700 due to new & renewing memberships.
1. Membership List update: Molly & Kay are working on the slow & arduous process, but it is coming along.
2. Membership Dinner: Dinner will be held our annual membership dinner on Wednesday, Dec. 9th @ Gonzalez Mexican Restaurant – cocktails at 6:00-6:30 & Dinner at 6:30. Bring a new potential member.
3. Website Advertising: Trina gave report based on the Advertising committee meeting of Nov. 18th where we put together options & benefits. Greg suggested we offer fewer options & give the best deals possible to get more members to use the service. Individual - $40/year; Business - $70/year; Coporate - $185/year. All packages have the option to upgrade to the Premium Advertising Package for an additional $50/year.
4. Website Update: Trina noted some typos on the website and will contact Dan to correct
5. Calendar of Events: Gil will continue to coordinate with Dan and will post items to the calendar with Dan posting current activities to the Announcement.
6. Holiday Tree Lighting & Arts Alive: The Arts Alive was coordinated by Mediha Saliba of Studio 299. The event will be Saturday, December 5, from 5-8pm, in conjunction with the Holiday Tree Lighting.
7. Newsletter: Ed would like to see the newsletter come out monthly to stay in touch with our membership; can we afford that? Currently, it costs the Chamber approx. $200 each time we produce a newsletter. Gil is doing a great job collecting the information & making sure the information gets to Tangie for typing & setting up the newsletter. It was decided earlier this year to reduce the newsletter to quarterly because of the difficulty we have of getting information submitted for articles and the need to reduce costs. We will discuss the issue further in the future; however, at present we will continue to produce quarterly.
1. Quarterly Mixers: Trina suggested having Chamber of Commerce mixers quarterly. It was discussed that we could possibly combine with Arts Alive (we’ll need to talk to Gil & Mediha to explore the possibility of combining with Arts Alive). Tabled for the next meeting.
Meeting Adjourned at 10:00 am