WILLOW CREEK CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
BOARD OF DIRECTOR’S MEETING MINUTES
APRIL 28, 2010
Member’s Present: Tangie Markle, Molly O’Gorman, Gil Saliba, Ed Duggan, Trina Cardoza, and Laura Madsen
Minutes:The meeting was called to order by Tangie Markle at 8:30am. The March 31st meeting minutes were reviewed, Ed moved, Molly seconded to approve the minutes as written.
No update. Molly was going to bring a report next month.
1. Membership Drive Dinner: Molly sent out 100 invites and is going to print out more to put around town. Tom O’Gorman is going to be the speaker.
2. Membership List Update: no update
A: T-Shirts/Promo Items-Michael Allen is still the designer but has another project to finish first and then he will be working on ours. Tangie hopes to have the shirts by our Bocce Ball Tournament in June.
B: Bocce Ball Tournament-a mailer is going out in the next newsletter. Molly will be doing the food. The price is $50/team, eight teams only.
C: Taste of WC Raffle-no update, but Tangie still needs recruits to help sell tickets.
D: Taste of WC Dinner-Molly is going to find someone to do the BBQ, and she needs help with various things such as, tables and chairs, set-up, bartenders, etc.
E: Brew Competition-no update
4. Website Advertising: no update; waiting for renewal time to push advertising.
5. Website Update: Molly is trying to find someone to rewrite the main verbiage on the website to try and make it more concise but get the point across. Gil suggested a once a month sub-committee to meet with Dan to work on the website. Molly volunteered to be on the committee with Gil.
6. Calendar of Events: The calendar is filling up. Gil is getting lots of events to add.
7. Art Walk: Saturday, May 1st from 3-6 is the next scheduled walk.
8. Info Booth: The new hours will be:
Friday-Sunday 11-5 until Memorial Day weekend.
Six days a week after Memorial Day, 10-5, closed on Tuesdays.
After Labor Day, Friday-Sunday 11-5, until Taste of WC.
There is a window that needs to be fixed at the booth. The Chamber agreed to fix the window.
No new business.
The meeting adjourned at 10am.